The Black Berkey Primer is intended for priming your filters for initial use, or cleaning, when you do not have access to water pressure from a faucet.
1. What is the Black Berkey Primer & what does it do?
The Black Berkey Primer is a hand-powered priming pump that makes it possible to prime Black Berkey Elements easily offline, without the need for faucets or hose connections. Priming the Black Berkey Elements saturates the filters with water prior to their use, allowing for clean water production anywhere.
The Black Berkey Primer also purges (or back-flushes) the Black Berkey Elements using air instead of water to clean the proprietary pores of the compressed carbon filter wall. Purging the Black Berkey Elements accomplishes two tasks:
- It clears the pores of debris that has accumulated with use
- It reduces the amount of time & effort needed to dry the filters prior to storing them. In addition, those who may be having difficulty priming their elements in a small sink, can use the Black Berkey Primer instead.
2. How does the Black Berkey Primer work?
With a Black Berkey Element properly immersed in water & attached to it, the Black Berkey Primer creates a simple pressure gradient which draws water into the center of each Black Berkey Element. Once the Black Berkey Element is completely saturated with water, it passes through the Black Berkey Primer and squirts out of the opposite end.
3. Why do I need the Black Berkey Primer?
Every owner of a Berkey Water System which uses Black Berkey Elements will find it easier to prime and purge the filters, wherever the Berkey is used. The Black Berkey Primer is the final piece in making your Berkey Water System your off-grid solution for clean drinking water and for everyday use. In addition, if you have a small sink or short faucet, the Black Berkey Primer makes it easy to prime your Black Berkey Elements.
4. How do I clean & store the Black Berkey Primer?
Black Berkey Primer can be cleaned with a proper dilution of natural cleaning products, or mild soap and warm water. Components should be thoroughly rinsed & allowed to air dry prior to storage in a cool, dark, & dry place. Keep out of exposure from direct sunlight as UV light will breakdown the product. Do not microwave the Black Berkey Primer.
5. Does the Black Berkey Primer work with non-Berkey filters?
The Black Berkey Primer is specifically designed for use with Black Berkey Elements.
6. Is the Black Berkey Primer made in the USA?
Yes, the Black Berkey Primer is 100% manufactured & assembled in the United States of America.
|Product Video Youtube ID||N/A|
Currently that is not in development, but we can state that we have not had issues raised by customers who have experienced a breaking down of the washers and plugs. Thank you for your input though and we will pass along the suggestions.