You may also be interested in the following product(s)
(PF-2) FLUORIDE AND ARSENIC WATER FILTER
Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm (11 lpm) per cubic foot of media.
- PF-2 arsenic and fluoride water filtration results of < 1ppm of the fluoride ion in the effluent were typical for the media. >95% reduction
- Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved; >99.75% reduction
- Sodium fluoride, sodium fluorosilicate, and fluorosilicic acid (aka hydrofluorosilicic acid) all dissociate (breakdown) to fluoride, sodium, and silicate ions once added to water.
- This PF-2 media filters any type of inorganic fluoride salt ions that are added to the water.
- More Details on Fluoride/Arsenic Filter Testing and Media Specifications
This product uniquely targets the entire family of arsenic oxide anions as well as the arsenic cations.
Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two PF-2 elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters) or every 2 years (whichever comes first). The Royal Berkey system is about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters) therefore the PF-2 arsenic and fluoride water filters should be replaced after 1,000/3.25 (3,785/12.3) or 307 refills. If the system is refilled about one time per day, the PF-2's should be replaced after 10 months, if the system is refilled about twice per day, the PF-2's arsenic and fluoride water filters should be replaced about every five months). Actual capacity is dependent on the presence of other competing contaminants in the source water. High levels of fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals may reduce the capacity and efficiency of the elements.
PF-2 Filter NOTES:
- Do not boil this element.
- PF-2 arsenic and fluoride water filters reduce filtration flow rate by 15-20%.
- The media used in the PF-2 filter elements contains high-grade activated aluminum oxide, which currently is the most efficient media available for extracting fluoride from water. Below are the results we obtained when testing the PF-2 arsenic and fluoride water filters (the water was not pre-filtered through the Black Berkey elements). The reduction over time is due to additional residual process dust being washed free from the PF-2 arsenic and fluoride water filters as the system is used. To give a scale for comparison purposes we include test results from a national brand toothpaste and water boiled in an aluminum pan.
- National brand toothpaste 52.878 ppm aluminum
- Water boiled in an aluminum pan for five minutes: 2.791 ppm aluminum
- PF2 after conditioning (5 cycles): .178 ppm aluminum
- PF2 after 10 Cycles: .037 ppm aluminum
- PF2 after 20 Cycles: .029 ppm aluminum
While the above results indicate that the residual process dust adds a minute amount of aluminum to the water, the Black Berkey purification elements reduce aluminum from the water. We tested water that naturally contained .320ppm aluminum and filtered it through the combination of the Black Berkey and the post conditioned PF-2 arsenic and fluoride water filters (5 cycles). The results showed a net reduction in aluminum contamination (Raw influent: .320ppm - Effluent after passing through the Black Berkey and PF-2 arsenic and fluoride water filters: .232ppm). In other words, the Black Berkey elements removed more aluminum from the water than was added by the PF-2 arsenic and fluoride water filters. Big Berkey Water Filters homepage.
For more information on the topic of fluoride, read below:
- The Dangers of Fluoride, The Great Debate
- The Fluoride in Your Water Is Industrial Waste
- ADA recommends no fluoride in infant formula during their first 12 months.
- CDC Sheet on Fluoridation and the Various Forms of Fluoride Additives
HOW ACTIVATED ALUMINA WORKS:
Activated Alumina is a granulated form of aluminum oxide. It is very porous and has a tremendous surface area for the removal of contaminants. In the removal process, the water containing arsenic and/or fluoride passes over the granules in the filter with the activated alumina adsorbing the arsenic and fluoride. The longer the water contact, the more the contaminants are removed.
The manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months from date of purchase. The manufacturer will replace or repair any product that it deems is not properly functioning during the stated warranty period.
BigBerkeyWaterFilters is always at your service to assist you with any warranty claims, send you replacement hardware free of charge if needed, or provide system maintenance support during the life of ownership.
|Manufacturer||New Millennium Concepts, Ltd.|
|Chamber Location||Lower Chamber|
|Sold As||Set of 2|
|Durability||1000 Gallons or 2 Years (whichever comes first)|
Absolute must have... otherwise you are drinking Poison!!! Review by Ruth...Luv It From Canada...Only real natural water with these filters!!!
Finally a system that takes out the poison and the red dye... absolutely Luv it!!! With my purchase I included these and the glass spigot and are an absolute must you will not be disappointed!
You will find your water is clean, pure, refreshing and your body craves this real water, finally people are waking up!!!
Your animals will want this to and thank you for it!
Berkey you Rock, keep up the great work!
I also never told you how I stumbled upon your products which is important, for you and others to know it was through both Alex Jones on Infowars and Mike from Natural News soooo amazing I appreciate all the work you are all doing to keep people informed... Thanks a bunch!
God Bless from Canada (Posted on 1/16/14)
Can taste the clean. Review by Scott
Here in Alberta my water is fluoridated against my will. This is an important issue to me and my health. (Posted on 8/8/13)
Royal Berkey Review by Marty
I bought these for my Royal Berkey and it feels great not to keep drinking all the poison they put in the water system. Not to mention I feel great too, more focused, more energy, unlike any glass of water I've had in my entire life! (Posted on 7/19/13)
Poison!! Review by Stanford
I just learned last year about sodium fluoride and why we shouldn't be drinking about it. I will never let my kids drink fluoride again now that I have my berkey with these fluoride filters! (Posted on 3/28/13)
PF-2 Arsenic and Fluoride Water Filters are Great Review by rlongnt
I feel so much better knowing that my children are not drinking anything but pure H2O. I had to laugh when my daughter complained about the nasty taste of what I considered to be the best bottled water on the market. (Posted on 9/25/12)
Remove Fluoride! Review by Christi Julian
I use these in my big berkey with the black berkeys and they seem to work well. I feel so much better knowing that I'm removing poisonous fluoride from my children's water. If you support this effort, visit fluoride.org for more information. They have a wealth of information. (Posted on 5/3/12)
Write Your Own Review
Questions on PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Water Filters (2)
- From Melande jordan at 12/11/13 11:53 PM
- I purchased the Berkey royal and these filter don't have screws to fit. Do they wrk in my system or will I have to return them?
- Hi Melande -
Per the instructions, these filters screw onto the stems of the black berkeys and hang in the lower chamber. Please prime before use.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No