You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $58.00
Special Price $50.00
Berkey Earth Ceramic Water Filters
It took 3 years of design and testing to formulate what we consider to be the Best Ceramic Filters on the market today. There's no need to purchase lower costing Berkey knock-offs any longer. Now you can have high quality filtration at a lower price!!
- Sold as a single filter element
- The most powerful gravity-fed element in the Filtration class
- Filtration class: Micro-Filtration Technology.
- Filters bacteria, chemicals such as chlorine, herbicides, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, VOC’s, THM’s, heavy metals and more to levels 99.9% and higher. Testing results linked below.
- Proprietary formula comprised of Diatomaceous Earth, granulated activated carbon and other media components, designed to exceed filtration standards
- Each element will filter up to 3,000 gallons of water or last up to 3 years, before replacement is needed.
- With 4 elements (in a Berkey Light system), the 9” elements can produce flow rate of up to 1.5 gallons per hour or up to 36 gallons of water in 24 hours Ideal for the price-conscious consumer to get started with a highly efficient filter system, at a more affordable price.
- Economical entry price affords those who would like to upgrade to the more powerful Black Berkey elements down the road, the ability to get an effective and economical system now and then upgrade later
- Available in 7” and 9” sizes
- ONLY Compatible with PF-4 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters
Comparison Chart - Black Berkeys vs Berkey Earth
|Black Berkeys||Berkey Earth|
|Virus Removal||Yes||No (Video not accurate & will be edited)|
|Maximum Lifespan Per Element
||3000 Gallons||3 Yrs / 3000 Gallons|
|Approx Cost Per Gallon (Cents)||4||3|
|Element Composition||Proprietary Formula||Diatomaceous Earth and other media|
|Red Food Coloring Test Ability||Yes||No|
|Require Priming||Yes||No (Filters take longer to break-in)|
|Price of Elements (Each)||$54.50 (sold as set of 2)||$35 (sold as single)|
|Filtration Speed in 24 Hours||up to 168 Gallons||up to 36 Gallons|
|Fluoride Removal||PF-2 Filters (1000 gallons or 2 years)||PF-4 Filters (every 6 months)|
Berkey Earth Filter Element Testing Results
The manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months from date of purchase. The manufacturer will replace or repair any product that it deems is not properly functioning during the stated warranty period.
BigBerkeyWaterFilters is always at your service to assist you with any warranty claims, send you replacement hardware free of charge if needed, or provide system maintenence support during the life of ownership.
|Chamber Location||Upper Chamber|
|Durability||Set of 2 - 9" Filters: Approx 6000Gallons|
There are differences in the filtration results of the 2 types of filters and some of this information is in the description of this page. Please reference the table to start. Then there is links to the filter tests themselves, which shows more of the contaminants removed. The video provides some details also.