The Royal Berkey Water Filter
Our Royal Berkey is another top seller due to the fact that it's a perfect size for 2-6 people. Similar to our other systems, it's an ideal system for use at home with families, travel, outdoor activities or during unexpected emergencies.
Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel, the Royal Berkey comes complete with 2 Black Berkey purification elements (expandable to 4), 2 chambers, lid, a spigot, rubber gasket base, and 2 blocking plugs. Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic filters can be installed into the lower chamber.
- Max Filtration Flow Rate:
- Fluoride Removal: Up to 4 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.
More About The Royal Berkey
With the included black berkey filters this powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
This system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and heavy metals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
Special Offer: With your system purchase, you can choose one of the items below at 50% off the MSRP. Please select above when adding system to cart:
* Free UPS Ground Shipping to the lower 48 states.
** Does not ship to California or Iowa.
The manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months from date of purchase. Black Berkey purification elements have a 2 year prorated warranty calculated in 6 months intervals. The manufacturer will replace or repair any product that it deems is not properly functioning during the stated warranty period.
BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com Extended Lifetime Warranty - If you purchase from us, the stainless steel chambers/lid, spigot, washers, and nuts are warranted for a lifetime. We also assist with any warranty claims and provide system maintenance support during the life of ownership. More details here.
|Capacity||3.25 gallons (12.3 liters)|
|Filter Capacity||Up to 4 Black Berkeys (upper) + 4 PF-2's (lower)|
|Flow Rate||1.5 Gallon in first hour under regular use conditions when starting full. Max Filtration Flow Rate up to 8 Gallons per hour (4 Elements)|
|Portability||The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 15.25” in height.|
Question 2: I was told that we can actually clean the filters ourselves? Is this true? I saw a response saying they last 6,000 gallons, then can we clean or prep them for longer use?
Question 3: If electricity went out and no water supply, Can I use pond water and have it filtered? would we need to have a special filter? If so which one?
1. No, the Crown Berkey is the largest system at 6 gallons.
2. Yes, you can clean the filters if they get clogged, however this is "up to" the 6000 gallons per set of 2. The filters cannot be used indefinitely as they eventually will become saturated around this 6000 gallon mark and require replacement. Please visit our "Helpful Resources" (top right hand corner) section for more information on cleaning/maintenance.
3. Yes, you can use pond water for filtering and you do not need any additional filters. The black berkeys that come standard with the system would purify this pond water.
When do you think it will be back in stock?