Shipping & Returns
Shipping is FAST and for orders over $50 in the contigous 48 states is FREE. For an international shipping quote, simply add items to your cart and proceed to the shopping cart page where you can enter your postal code. The system will provide you a price quote based upon the weight of your items. You can also obtain this shipping quote during the checkout process prior to you having to confirm the purchase. Once you confirm your purchase, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail and your order will be shipped shortly. Once shipped, tracking information will be forwarded to the e-mail address that you provided during checkout.
- All Orders over $50 are free Shipping to the lower 48 states!
- All BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com orders are shipped "signature required." If you would like a "no signature required" for delivery, please note that preference in Step 2 of the order process.
- All non-First-Class items shipped are sent UPS ground (insured), United States Postal Service (insured), or Fed EX within the contiguous US unless customer arranges for product to shipped via freight/shipping carrier. The fastest carrier is selected based on what region of the US the product is shipping to.
- BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com ships Internationally via USPS Priority or UPS Expedited. The fastest carrier is selected based on what region of world the product is shipping to. Once items are in your cart, you can go to the shopping cart page and input your zip code for a shipping estimate. International customers are responsible for customs costs. These vary by country, so we recommend the customer understands the process by which these fees are paid. (usually this at point of package receipt) BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com is not responsible for any loss due to a country's customs process. Please contact us if you have questions regarding these types of shipments.
- Shipping and/or freight charges are non-refundable.
- Customer is responsible for all shipping and/or freight charges for refused shipments.
- Once the order is placed, the credit card is charged for the purchase and the system/product is reserved for that paying customer. This is critical during times of economic and political turmoil, and helps ensure you are guaranteed to receive what you order.
Damage / Loss
Manufacturer Defects / Damage
Upon receipt, if an item is damaged or defective as a result of manufacturing, simply contact BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com upon receipt and we will coordinate with the manufacturer to get that item fully replaced at no cost to you as quickly as possible. Prepaid return postage will be included with the replacement product so that you may return the damaged/defective product at no cost to you!
Please notify BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com in the event of shipping damage and we will coordinate with the manufacturer to ship you replacements for the damaged items at no cost for you along with prepaid postage to return the damaged item. No need to worry about working out the damages with the carrier as we'll have the manufacturer and the shipping carrier work this out. If you'd like to file a claim, this must be done with the delivering carrier and New Millennium Concepts, LTD / BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com are not permitted to file this for you. All claims for shortages, damages, inaccurate shipments, and inaccurate billing must be made within 15 days of receipt.
Exclusive BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com Lifetime Guarantee
New and effective for all purchases after 7/1/13, BigBerkeyWaterFilters will replace any of our customer's hardware parts including stainless steel chambers/lid, spigots, washers and nuts over the life of the Berkey system ownership. This is above and beyond the manufacturers warranty stated below. We must have your customer information on record as purchasing through us. This guarantee does not cover items that are damaged due to user misuse, abuse, or an accident, nor system add-on items (sight glass spigot, berkey base, shower filter, PF-2's, shower filters, or replacement parts kit). Customer is responsible for shipping charges.
Black Berkey Filter Warranty
The Black Berkey purification elements have a two-year prorated manufacturers warranty calculated in six months intervals. The manufacturer's guarantee is prorated similar to the guarantee on tire tread. In other words, if you have used the filters for 8 months, 75% of the guarantee still applies and so you can get a full replacement set for 25% of the normal cost.
The Berkey systems themselves and their components (stainless steel, etc) have a six-month manufacturers warranty as stated below.
General Manufacturer Warranty
The manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months from date of purchase. Black Berkey purification elements have a two-year prorated warranty calculated in six months intervals. The manufacturer will replace or repair any product that it deems is not properly functioning during the stated warranty period. Relief under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of defective materials or workmanship only. The manufacturer and BBWF.com shall not be held liable for incidental or consequential damage to personal property from, but not limited to, a defective unit, improper use, abuse, accident, or neglect, etc. No warranty will apply to units which have been used for purposes not intended, which have been altered so as, in the manufacturers judgment, to affect adversely its performance. This warranty is for the original retail purchaser only, and cannot be transferred. The laws of the State of Texas, USA, will govern any disputes regarding this warranty or claim made. This warranty, which is given expressly in lieu of all warranties, expressed or implied, or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, constitutes the only warranty made by the manufacturer.
Please contact us at any time for assistance with your product warranty.
Returns of Berkey products are a rare occurrence due to their high customer satisfaction rate, however if you are unsatisfied with your purchase upon receipt and you would not like a replacement, you are more than welcome to return/exchange your item(s) within 10 days of receipt. In the case of a return, the customer is responsible for return shipping fees and a 15% restocking fee of the item(s). Restocking fee's are imposed by the manufacturer. Filters that have already been in use are not eligible for a return/refund. Prior to a return, please contact BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com so we can provide the proper form and provide instructions on how to proceed. Once there is a confirmed receipt of the item(s), BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com will refund 85% of your original purchase price.
Customers refusing shipment and marking "return to sender" are responsible for the 15% restocking fee and a $10 return fee imposed by UPS.