Exclusive BigBerkeyWaterFilters.com Lifetime Warranty
New and effective for all purchases after 7/1/13, BigBerkeyWaterFilters will replace any of our customer's hardware parts including stainless steel chambers/lid, spigots, washers and nuts over the life of the Berkey system ownership. This is above and beyond the General Manufacturers Warranty stated below. We must have your customer information on record as purchasing through this website. Stainless must have been handled with proper care. This guarantee does not cover items that are damaged due to user misuse, abuse, salt water/air, lack of maintenance (routine cleanings), or accidents (dents from falling, etc). Customer is responsible for shipping and processing charges.
IMPORTANT: We do not sell on Amazon. Also, please be aware that the manufacturer does not warranty any items purchased on Amazon from unauthorized dealers. For example, Amazon.com itself is NOT an authorized dealer.
Manufacturer Warranty - Black Berkey & Berkey Earth Filters
The Black Berkey purification elements and Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters have a two-year prorated manufacturer's warranty calculated in six month intervals. The manufacturer's guarantee is prorated similar to the guarantee on tire tread. In other words, if you have used the filters for 8 months, 75% of the guarantee still applies and so you can get a full replacement set for 25% of the normal cost.
The Berkey systems themselves and their components (stainless steel, etc) have a 12 month manufacturer's warranty as stated below.
Manufacturer Warranty - Systems, PF-2's, Product, & Parts
The manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months from date of purchase, and 12 months from date of purchase for the stainless steel. Black Berkey purification elements have a 2 year prorated warranty calculated in six months intervals. The manufacturer will replace or repair any product that it deems is not properly functioning during the stated warranty period. Relief under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of defective materials or workmanship only. The manufacturer and BBWF.com shall not be held liable for incidental or consequential damage to personal property from, but not limited to, a defective unit, improper use, abuse, accident, or neglect, etc. No warranty will apply to units which have been used for purposes not intended, which have been altered so as, in the manufacturers judgment, to affect adversely its performance. This warranty is for the original retail purchaser only, and cannot be transferred. The laws of the State of Texas, USA, will govern any disputes regarding this warranty or claim made. This warranty, which is given expressly in lieu of all warranties, expressed or implied, or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, constitutes the only warranty made by the manufacturer.
Warranty Exclusions - The following actions will void your warranty coverage:
1. Attempting to use the Berkey Earth DE Filter Elements or the Ceramic Super Sterasyl Filtration Elements in a pressurized manner. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the only Berkey elements that require priming.
2. Allowing any of the Berkey elements to freeze.
3. Using dehumidifier water with any of the Berkey elements for daily use.
4. Breaking the Berkey elements due to dropping an assembled system or carelessness.
5. Performing a red food coloring test with the Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters attached.The Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters must be removed prior to performing a red food coloring test in order to stay in compliance with the six month warranty on these filters.
6. If the product is not used in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations or instructions.
Please contact us at any time for assistance with your product warranty.