The Black Berkey Filter Elements
The Black Berkey purification elements are the leader in water purification, and have been tested by State & EPA accredited laboratories to exceed EPA 7 ANSI / NSF (Std. 53) protocol. (Scroll Down For Contaminant Removal List)
Black Berkey Purification Elements are more powerful than any other gravity filter element currently available. In fact, the Black Berkey purification elements have been tested with more than 10,000 times the concentration of pathogens per liter than is required by standard test protocol. This concentration of pathogens is so great that the post filtered water should be expected to contain 100,000 or more pathogens per liter (99.99% reduction - the requirement for pathogenic removal). Incredibly the purification elements removed 100%. Absolutely no pathogens were cultured from the effluent or were able to be detected, even under an electron microscope, setting a new standard in water purification.
No need for expensive disposable filters that need replcaement every couple months. Black Berkey purification elements are re-cleanable during their 6000 gallon lifetime. When the flow rate decreases simply brush the Black Berkey purification elements with a ScotchBrite pad under running water, reinstall and your system is again ready to purify water. Each durable and efficient purification element will last for up to 3,000 gallons (6,000 gallons per set of two) and provide years of efficient water purification. What's more unique is that the Black Berkey purification elements are self-sterilizing.
Black Berkey purification elements are so powerful, they can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other filtration element can duplicate this performance. Perform this test on your black berkey filters at any time to ensure your filters are operating to design specifications. Watch the video below!
The powerful Black Berkey purification elements also remove or reduce the following:
- Pathogenic Bacteria and Cysts (E. Coli, Klebsiella, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Raoltella Terrigena, Bacillus Atrophaeus) - Reduced to > 99.9999%
- Viruses (MS2 - Fr Coliphage) - Reduced to > 99.999%
- Parasites - Reduced to > 99.9999%
- Herbicides and Pesticides
- Chlorine - Removed to Below Detectable Limits
- Organic solvents
- THM's (Trihalomethanes - Bromodichloromethane, Bromoform, Chloroform, Dibromochloromethane) - Removed to Below Detectable Limits
- MTBE's (Methyl tert-Butyl Ehter) - Removed to Below Detectable Limits
- Other VOC's - Removed to Below Detectable Limits
- MBAS (Methylene Blue Active Substances)
- Radiologicals - Radon 222 - Removed to Below Detectable Limits
- Nitrates & Nitrites - 95% and greater
- Selenium and Thallium - 95% and greater
- Heavy metals - 95% and greater
- Foul tastes and odor
HEAVY METALS reduced by 95%+
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
Removed to below Lab detectable limits
Dichlorodifluoromethane (CFC 12)
Ethylene Dibromide (EDB)
Halo acidic Acids (HAA5)
Methyl tert-Butyl Ether (MTBE)
Trichlorofluoromethane (CFC 11)
Note: Black Berkey purifying elements are upper chamber elements. They do not work simultaneously with upper chamber Ceramic Super Sterasyl elements. Only one technology is designed to operate in the upper chamber at a time. These filters will work in the British Berkefeld systems and other many other gravity water filter systems on the market. They can also be chosen as a upgraded filter to replace the ceramics.
Black Berkey purification elements have a 2 year prorated warranty calculated in 6 months intervals. The manufacturer will replace or repair any product that it deems is not properly functioning during the stated warranty period.
BigBerkeyWaterFilters is always at your service to assist you with any warranty claims, send you replacement hardware free of charge if needed, or provide system maintenance support during the life of ownership.
|Chamber Location||Upper Chamber|
|Sold As||Set of 2|
|Durability||6000 Gallons Per Set of 2|
- saved me Review by Randibeach
- Buy them! Use Them! and get another set!Review by iamdlogan
- black berkey filtersReview by Eileen Boyd
- My takeReview by Vick
- Love my filtersReview by Rebecca Hendricks
- Make ur ownReview by Ethan