Berkey Sight Glass Spigot
Should you add more water into the upper chamber of your berkey for filtering? At a quick glance, the berkey sight glass spigot allows customers the ability to see the water level in the lower chamber of their stainless steel unit. This glass tube can be rinsed out with soap and water when you decide to clean your system.
There are 3 sizes available (shown in image left to right):
- 7.5" - For Travel Berkey and Big Berkey systems
- 10" - For Royal Berkey and Imperial Berkey systems
- 13" - For Crown Berkey system
Note: All systems come standard with a basic spigot and this sight glass is considered an aftermarket upgrade.
The manufacturer warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months from date of purchase. The manufacturer will replace or repair any product that it deems is not properly functioning during the stated warranty period.
BigBerkeyWaterFilters is always at your service to assist you with any warranty claims, send you replacement hardware free of charge if needed, or provide system maintenance support during the life of ownership.
- Should be standardReview by Rashi
- Awesome, Berkey RocksReview by Ruth...Luv It From Canada, A must Have with your Berkey System!!!
Most tradesmen with appreciate the value, and so does the rest of us;) Job well done! Should come standard, however I know where you are coming from lot of people might not understand the value and appreciated if you upped the value for it be included, that would make lots of people happy!
Great Job Berkey, I love my whole system with my floride filters a real GODSEND thanks a bunch, for a great website easy to manuevre around and the comparison and amazing valued service all around!
The reviews were helpful also, got the heads up about you guys through Alex Jones of InfoWars and Mike from Natural News, Kudos to them for not keeping you guys a secret!
God Bless you from Canada (Posted on 1/16/14)
- A Must!!Review by Mr. Sandman
- RecommendedReview by Kristie
- Good idea, flawed design, possible work-around...Review by Rachel Bruce
1. The length of the threaded portion onto which the nut is screwed is way too short. It is at least half as long as the threaded portion on the original spigot that comes with the Berkey itself. Not much room for both washers and nut.
2. Despite tightening as much as possible, soaking washers in olive oil and following the instructions to the letter, the sight glass spigot leaks from behind the washers. No amount of adjustment fixes this.
I found a possible work-around...use the white beveled washer and a black washer from the original spigot instead of the two black washers.
You must put the white beveled washer onto the spigot threads FIRST with the beveled portion facing the exterior of the Berkey itself.
Insert the spigot into the hole, then add a black washer on the inside, PUSH REALLY HARD from both sides and screw the nut onto the threads. There is not much room to screw on the nut, and it may take two people, but it has been 6 hours and I have filled the Berkey full with no signs of leakage whatsoever. Will report back after 24 hours. (Posted on 9/26/12)